As health and wellness became the new luxury, in our post-pandemic world, 2021 saw a rise in the skinification of beauty. It was no longer enough to rely on primers and highlighters for a healthy glow; we wanted hardworking actives and hero ingredients to rejuvenate our skin at a more meaningful level. Retinol, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, vitamin C, ceramides, peptides, BHAs and AHAs; cult creams and serums were replaced by cult ingredients as people sought to broaden their skincare knowledge. But what does next year have in store for us?
We asked the experts to make their skincare trend predictions for 2022.
I think more and more people understand the anti-inflammatory aspect of life and that inflammation triggers problems with our overall health and causes skin dysfunctions. This indicates that were moving away from certain trends like Retin-A or acid peels, in order to strengthen the skin as an organ, strengthen skin barrier function and our microbiome and instead, were transitioning to an anti-inflammatory skincare routine and lifestyle thats better for our health and kinder to our skin.
Read more: Spring/Summer 2022 Fashion Trends
I expect that 2022 will see more people opting for simpler skincare routines and a minimalistic approach.After a few trials and errors, many of our clients are starting to realise that less is more when it comes to skincare and that using too many products doesnt guarantee effective results; it can sometimes even do the opposite. Simply keeping your skin hydrated and protected can make a big difference.
At-home treatments are set to continue rising in popularity. We are seeing a rise in requests for face masks, overnight rejuvenating treatments, hydrating and chemical-peel-like masks. Some people arent satisfied with the mild results achieved with many over-the-counter products and they want something that will make a greater difference to their skin.
Sunscreen will remain in demand throughout 2022 as its vital use is now recognised, widely recommended and emphasised by doctors, aestheticians and beauticians as being one of the most important skin care requirements.
LED light masks
LED light masks are another trending treatment that will follow us into the new year; many clients are opting for serums, creams and treatments at home that would be on par with the treatments we offer at our clinic. These work best when applied before an LED light mask.
Inside outside approach
I forecast for 2022 that there will be extra emphasis on the health of your skin with more people embracing the inside outside approach to skincare. More education is needed for people to understand their own skin. People often buy the latest skincare products without considering their skin type or concerns, and what their skin actually needs. I live by the mantra less is more, and hope that people will start to strip back their routines to just the essentials; Im also seeing more bespoke treatment plans to target individual needs.
An ingredient on my radar currently is Japanese indigo which has healing and anti-inflammatory properties and is especially good for skin conditions such as eczema and rosacea. I believe we will start to see this pop up more and more in skincare products.
20 Of The Best Face SPFs For Every Skin Type
By Hannah Coates and Emily Chan
Strip it back
Following on from the 2021 trend, where we saw people pulling back from throwing so many actives and products in general at their skin due to lockdown experimentation which often meant sensitised and irritated faces, we will be seeing more targeted but kinder skin routines. Think balance and simplicity or treat and repair rather than all guns blazing. While we all love a quick win, its the long term slow and steady skinvestment that works the best.
Ceramides and essential fatty acids
We will see more focus on barrier repair and supporting the skins microbiome; yes, we need to support and balance the skins bacteria, not strip it. So ceramides, and essential fatty acids will continue to be a go-to recommendation from skin professionals, as well as gentler cleansing, next-generation enzymes, which give a gentle but thorough exfoliation, and collagen-boosting amino acids.
Skin cell energy
We will hear more about ATP (skin cell energy), and specific products and treatments that boost ATP that dont involve traditional trauma (e.g. controlled damage to trigger repair). This means no inflammation. A new generation of professional and home care products are able to activate cell energy, meaning skin rejuvenation without any damage. Watch out for cold lasers, the switch treatment by Circadia and skin bio-stimulators.
The new generation of super skin machines are also becoming more widely available. Firm favourites in top skin clinics are the lifting HIFU technology and the microneedling radiofrequency treatments for skin texture, scarring and wrinkle reduction. Combine these with more established and proven lasers for pigmentation, veins and brightening and you have the ultimate rejuvenation option for those that want to age gracefully, healthier and visibly fresher but 100% you.
Skin in focus
Skin will continue to be the big focus, with many of us wearing less make-up and therefore becoming more aware of our skins condition. Over the last 18 months, people have also started to recognise that our skin is a barometer of internal health and general wellbeing a radiant, clear complexion is a strong indication that the body is in a healthy state. An increased awareness of mental health issues and the stress and anxiety from lockdowns have also affected many peoples perspectives and I have noticed that people are looking after themselves in different ways, with self-care becoming an ever more important part of our regimes.
We are all becoming more aware of the importance of keeping the products we use especially on our faces clean and safe. I expect product hygiene to become a new area of concern for customers, with savvy skincare brands moving towards packaging that minimises the risk of contamination, like our airless Skinesis bottles and single-use micro-needling tips.
Whilst many of us couldnt enjoy our usual facials, we looked for alternatives to deliver professional-standard results at home my Pro Hydro-Mist Steamer, Pro Pore Refiner and Meso-Melt Infusion System were in huge demand as my clients saw the benefits of incorporating clinical-standard technology into their regimes. In the future, I predict that the interest in at-home devices will only increase, with technology previously only seen in a clinical setting being adapted for personal use.
More than ever, clients coming to my Clinic are focused on their skins underlying health, and not just its superficial appearance. Perhaps it is unsurprising that given the focus on health of the last year, there is a new appetite for achieving strong, resilient, naturally glowing skin. I believe that this will continue to be a strong focus in 2022.
I have also noticed that beauty consumers have started turning towards science-driven skincare brands the incredible medical advances of the last year have made us all more aware of the power of science. While once high-tech skincare might have seemed daunting, now customers are more confident in understanding the results of clinical trials and delving into the science behind ingredients. I believe that in 2022 there will also be a new focus on experts and authority, as beauty customers seek out brands they can trust transparency and honesty will be crucial.
The 20 Best Eye Creams For Bright Eyes All Year Round
By Hannah Coates and Tish Weinstock
Results-driven and ingredient-focused
For 2022, consumers will continue to look for products that have ingredients that they believe will deliver results for their skin. Online searches for specific active ingredients will continue to rise as consumers are eager to learn more about these ingredients. Ingredients such as vitamin C, retinol and niacinamide will be heavily searched given they have been shown to deliver results. Furthermore, consumers will look for products that have testing to validate the claims they are making.
Consumers will also be looking for products that are eco-friendly. They will look for products that are recyclable and/or have refillable packaging and ingredients that are ethically sourced. Ultimately, consumers will be looking for products that give back to the environment rather than just take.
Consumers will continue to look for products that not only deliver results, but they will also be looking for products to protect them. Consumers are more and more aware that they need to protect themselves not only from UV damage, but from blue light, smoke, smog, pollution as well as germs, bacteria, and viruses. Hence, we will see consumers looking for more specialised sunscreens, blue light protection treatments, antioxidant serums as well as anti-microbial products.
The 11 Best LED Face Masks To Supercharge Your Skincare Routine
Quality over quantity
Use less but the best. I think consumers have soaked up the rush of a skincare frenzy and realised that the more ingredients you apply, often the more harm you are doing to your skin, and you just arent getting the results expected. Clients want a concentrated routine, bespoke to the consumer with the best ingredients paired with their specific skin type and concerns.
Clients are no longer looking for quick-fix treatments; the future of facials are long-term bespoke programmes, the same way you think about a training programme for your body, it is the same concept for the skin, mind, and body. There is a demand for luxury care both inside and outside of the treatment room which includes post, and pre-care, specialist consultancy and at-home routine recommendations for long-term results.
Why You Need Niacinamide In Your Skincare Regime Now
The modern day consumer is well-educated and is looking for fast-acting products which will provide quick results. They are keen to look through marketing. The brands that will succeed are the ones who are open and transparent about their ingredient choices, can demonstrate benefit with consumer and clinical trials, as well as show a commitment to the environment and sustainability across all aspects of the supply chain.
Long-term relationships with a skin expert
Consumers are looking for a variety of methods to improve their skin via a combination of over the counter products, tailored prescription skincare and aesthetic treatments, alongside taking a preventative approach to their skin in health and disease. Its going to be increasingly common for people to build a relationship with a consultant and cosmetic dermatologist who can offer mole checks to screen the skin for cancer, treat conditions such as rosacea or acne, offer therapies such as laser, as well as a guide on skincare choices. Im seeing this a lot in the clinic already, so imagine this will continue next year too.
Skincare cabinets will shrink
Its no secret that theres so much choice when it comes to skincare, but really all you need to incorporate into your regime are three products: a good vitamin C, a broad-spectrum sunscreen and a hard-working vitamin A product. Of course, there are exceptions to this (for specific skin concerns, for example) but generally, the above three products will cover most skin concerns. I think consumers have reached peak skincare and that in 2022 beauty cabinets start to shrink down to the hard-working essentials.
Retinol is so 2021
Vitamin A or retinoids are renowned for their skin benefits. Most people by now have heard of one derivative of vitamin A, retinol, but there are now alternative, next-generation derivatives that perform better, have less irritation and have incredible side benefits, too. Take retinaldehyde for example. This is a more powerful vitamin A ingredient compared to traditional retinol. It works faster, performs better with less irritation, and has the additional benefit of being directly anti-bacterial making it great for those who might be blemish-prone too. Our Crystal Retinal utilises retinaldehyde and has seen massive growth in 2021. We expect this to continue into 2022 as people realise its better than retinol.
The Best Skincare Tools To Supercharge Your Home Facial
Hospitals can be amongst some of the most wasteful places when it comes to landfill waste and rubbish that needs to be incinerated. Its a problem thats been widely recognised within the medical community for a while now and its about time we put our money where our mouth is. Its for that reason why my new hospital in Battersea, REAL, is introducing a series of environmentally-friendly measures. Were introducing strict protocols for recycling, but perhaps more interestingly, well only be putting patients to sleep for operations via TIVA anaesthesia. Anaesthetic gases and drugs have a direct impact on the environment. With TIVA anaesthetic, no anaesthetic gas is used (unlike traditional techniques) which helps to reduce our carbon footprint.
The rise of the face lift
The surge in interest in surgery for the face, following the zoom boom during covid, shows no signs of slowing. Ive performed more rhinoplasties in the last year than the previous three years combined. Another interesting increase in bookings has been for the deep plane facelift. This is a relatively new technique compared to the face lifts of old. It provides an incredibly natural and non-fake looking improvement and offers longevity when compared to traditional techniques. Marc Jacobs candidly talking about his facelift procedure was a pivotal moment in facelift discussion. I think more people will be open to this procedure in 2022. The first half of my year is already booking up with face lifts and Im expecting a big surge next year.
Multiple procedures bookings
Ive found over the past year that patients are looking to do as few trips as possible for surgery. In the past, someone may have booked in for a tummy tuck and a breast augmentation at different points throughout the year, however, were seeing a rise in people booking in for multiple procedures at the same time. This could be due to cost-saving measures, or the fact that some people were lucky enough to save money during the pandemic, meaning they want to get everything on their wish list done in one go. This is a good option from a surgeons point of view because it means one recovery time and we can often see how different procedures marry up on the operating table.
Diversity and inclusion
We are seeing the beauty industry offer greater diversity. Brands are continuing to use more ethnicity, gender and age-inclusive marketing. You will see more gender-neutral brands, like Decree, that break down the myths that skincare needs to be divided into different categories according to the age, sex and skin type of the consumer. Theres no need to pigeon-hole.
The rise of supplements
Focusing as much on what we put into our bodies at the same time as looking at what we put onto the skin directly. I have always been a big believer in this approach and my clinic brand philosophy is based around this holistic approach. Consumers today are much more aware of the links between gut health, hormone balance and wellbeing and the impact these have on skin health, As such, were seeing a growing trend for efficacy-backed beauty edibles and tandem products that work both internally and topically. Type 1 marine collagen supplements are also becoming a skin health essential. I recommend one to my patients, called Beauty Complex, supporting your skin by providing the building blocks it needs to repair and restore connective tissue.
The natural look
Make-up routines will have a strong focus on the skincare steps done before the product application and the trends are moving to more of a minimal make-up look, lighter coverage and celebrating a healthy complexion.
20 Of The Best Retinol Creams & Serums For Every Skin Type
By Hannah Coates and Twiggy Jalloh
The rise of beauty tech
Much of 2022s beauty newness will be driven by consumers demand for clinic-grade treatments available in the comfort of their own homes. Beauty technology is stepping up a gear to provide the ultimate level of convenience to the beauty-seeker.
Focus on skin health
2022 is the year of super cosmeceuticals reparative and luxurious actives that do not irritate the skin. In 2021, clients wanted results, solutions, escape from home routines bombarded to us on social media. I have seen an increase in customers wanting to find solutions and move away from the overuse of injectables; they want their faces back as injectables are making them look older. A good skincare routine or treatment is not just about one overhyped active, its about the recipe within the formulation and the results it will deliver. Treatments are the same, the magic mix of technology and quality formulation.Radiofrequency face treatments will become a big focus as will eye treatments and face cupping. Overall, expect a focus on skin quality, tone, texture and elevated non-invasive treatments.
Here is the original post:
The Skincare Trends Set To Explode In 2022, According To The Experts - British Vogue
- Amy Schumer Is 'Trying to Be Healthy' After Hysterectomy, Liposuction: 'I Want to Feel Hot' - PEOPLE - May 13th, 2022
- Body Contouring Devices Market by Type (Skin Tightening and Resurfacing, Cellulite Treatment, Liposuction, Other), Application (Hospitals, Beauty... - May 13th, 2022
- Moms: didn't get what you hoped for on Mother's Day -- give this gift to YOU! - FOX 13 News Utah - May 13th, 2022
- Dr. Jennifer Berman is now offering the revolutionary laser liposuction, Beautifill - Digital Journal - May 13th, 2022
- AcelRx Pharma (ACRX) Reports Publication of Results from an Investigator-Initiated Trial on Sufentanil Sublingual Tablet (SST) Compared to Standard... - May 13th, 2022
- Aesthetic Devices Market Is Expected to Reach USD 28865.17 million and IS Grow At a CAGR of 10.30% andSize, Share, Trends, Growth, Treatment, Country,... - May 13th, 2022
- Surgeon Dr. Demetris Stavrou Offers Cosmetic, Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery in Cyprus, Malta, and Greece - Digital Journal - May 13th, 2022
- The Science of Breast Implants: Everything to Know About Your Implants' Gel, Fill and Shell - NewBeauty Magazine - May 13th, 2022
- Aesthetic Equipment Market: Rising incidences of obesity to drive the market - BioSpace - May 13th, 2022
- Drew Sidora Says Body Shaming From Real Housewives Of Atlanta Cast Led Her To Get Plastic Surgery - Reality Tea - May 13th, 2022
- Tummy tuck surgery, (Abdominoplasty) | Nuffield Health - April 30th, 2022
- How Much Does Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Cost? (See ... - April 30th, 2022
- Aesthetic Devices Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Is Expected to Reach USD 28865.17 million and IS Grow At a CAGR of 10.30% during the forecast... - April 30th, 2022
- Woman Gets Hole in Her Belly After Gotten Infected with Very Serious Flesh-Eating Disease - Nature World News - April 30th, 2022
- The women getting cosmetic procedures in secret - Dazed - April 30th, 2022
- Indiana Mother Dies After BBL & Tummy Tuck Surgery In Dominican Republic - The Shade Room - April 30th, 2022
- Liposuction Jars Market Size, Scope And Forecast | Anand Medicaids, Kohlberg, Medco Manufacturing, Human Med, Innovia Medical themobility.club -... - April 30th, 2022
- Global Tumescent Liposuction Market 2022 Industry Demand, Growth Opportunities, Future Trends, Key Players, and Forecast to 2028 Ripon College Days... - April 30th, 2022
- My only daughter died after cosmetic doctor sucked out 5 STONE of fat in a liposuction operation she fou... - The US Sun - April 30th, 2022
- Lipofilling procedure improves pain and function in finger osteoarthritis - EurekAlert - April 30th, 2022
- Anti-cellulite Care Products Market: 33% of Growth to Originate from Europe | By Product (Topical and Non-invasive) and Geography - Forecast to 2026 -... - April 30th, 2022
- You'll Never Guess the Second Most 'Cosmetic SurgeryObsessed' State - NewBeauty Magazine - April 30th, 2022
- Avenue Plastic Surgery wins the 2021 Readers Choice Award for Cosmetic Surgery - PR Web - April 30th, 2022
- To Botox or not to Botox? That is the question - The National - April 30th, 2022
- THE AESTHETIC SOCIETY RELEASES ANNUAL STATISTICS REVEALING SIGNIFICANT INCREASES IN FACE, BREAST and BODY IN 2021 - Yahoo Finance - April 16th, 2022
- Reimagining How We Treat Acute Pain: A Narrative Review - Cureus - April 16th, 2022
- Vertex's Robust Pipeline is Ramping Up for Another Big Year - BioSpace - April 16th, 2022
- Mycobacterium abscessus infections linked to plastic surgeries performed in Paraguay - Outbreak News Today - Outbreak News Today - April 16th, 2022
- Names in the News: People shaping the future of Lake Area business - American Press | American Press - American Press - April 16th, 2022
- Aesthetic Devices Market Is Expected to Reach USD 28865.17 million and IS Grow At a CAGR of 10.30% during the forecast period of 2022-2029 | Alma... - April 16th, 2022
- Body-modification addict 'Human Satan' has ears amputated to mark end of facemasks - Daily Record - April 16th, 2022
- The Welsh actors you may recognise from your favourite Netflix and TV shows - Wales Online - April 16th, 2022
- Medical spas are seeing a boost in beauty procedures as people emerge from two pandemic years at home - CNBC - April 16th, 2022
- Ireland Baldwin Shares Selfies After Getting a 'FaceTite' a Type of Liposuction on Her Chin - PEOPLE - April 16th, 2022
- Doctor Reacts to Very Strange Addictions | MedPage Today - Medpage Today - April 16th, 2022
- Ask the Doctors: Cryolipolysis is the process of freezing fat - Frederick News Post - April 16th, 2022
- All Katie Price's Plastic Surgeries Explored with Before and After Pictures - TheTealMango - April 16th, 2022
- Dolly Parton's Skincare Tip That Keeps Her From Experiencing 'Problems That Women My Age Do' - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - April 16th, 2022
- No, The Curvy Latina Ideal Isnt Healthier than Other Beauty Standards - Refinery29 - April 4th, 2022
- I got a tummy tuck so my husband would find me more attractive he cheated anyway but now Im happier on m... - The US Sun - April 4th, 2022
- Amy Schumer wants to 'be real' about her liposuction ... - April 4th, 2022
- Liposuction Cost | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - April 4th, 2022
- Everything You Need To Know About Arm Liposuction - News Anyway - April 4th, 2022
- Mob Wives star Renee Graziano gives shocking glimpse into her liposuction & skin tightening surgery with... - The US Sun - April 4th, 2022
- Mom, 47, dies after liposuction op in Mexico that left her with brain damage & having to be resuscitated... - The US Sun - April 4th, 2022
- Plastic Surgeon NJ | Best Plastic Surgeon New Jersey - Dr ... - April 4th, 2022
- Home Page: Clinics in Plastic Surgery - April 4th, 2022
- What is a 'mommy makeover'? Plastic surgeons explain the popular trend - Yahoo Life - April 4th, 2022
- Vertex Announces Statistically Significant and Clinically Meaningful Results From Two Phase 2 Proof-of-Concept Studies of VX-548 for the Treatment of... - April 4th, 2022
- Findings From Queen's University Belfast Advance Knowledge In Bariatric Surgery (Sociodemographic Characteristics Of Patients And Their Use Of... - April 4th, 2022
- My USP is to provide aesthetic yet natural-looking results: Dr Rajat Gupta - The Sunday Guardian Live - The Sunday Guardian - April 4th, 2022
- Heron Therapeutics: Cash Is A Problem Again - Seeking Alpha - April 4th, 2022
- Abdominoplasty - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics - March 23rd, 2022
- Abdominoplasty Overview: Cost, Recovery, Before & After ... - March 23rd, 2022
- Body Fat Reduction Market to cross $17 Billion by 2028, Says Global Market Insights Inc. - PR Newswire UK - March 23rd, 2022
- Vertex: More Opportunities Ahead - Seeking Alpha - March 23rd, 2022
- Maia Plastic Surgery is Excited to Announce the Acquisition of the New, Revolutionary Emsculpt NEO machine - Yahoo Finance - March 23rd, 2022
- Body image issues affect close to 40% of men but many dont get the support they need - The Conversation - March 23rd, 2022
- Liposuction Can Produce Great Outcomes for People Like Amy Schumer but VASER Liposculpting is the Gold St - Benzinga - March 23rd, 2022
- Liposuction Machine Market Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Opportunities, Future Trends, Covid-19 Impact, SWOT Analysis, Competition... - March 23rd, 2022
- Whats Inside Everyone Wins Nominees Gift Bag: From Liposuction Treatments to Scottish Castle Stay - Hollywood Reporter - March 23rd, 2022
- Everything Amy Schumer Has Said About Her Decision to Get Liposuction After Giving Birth - Us Weekly - March 23rd, 2022
- Danielle Lloyd is not ashamed of having OnlyFans as it helps feed the kids - FOX 28 Spokane - March 23rd, 2022
- Signs You Have Acid Reflux, According to Physicians Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - March 23rd, 2022
- Panniculectomy Vs Tummy Tuck | What Is A Panniculectomy? - March 23rd, 2022
- Dr. Ivan Puah Highlights The Significant Impact Of Covid That Changes Our Priority In Life - Benzinga - Benzinga - January 19th, 2022
- New Year's weight loss resolution might put you at risk of falling for a scam | Better Business Bureau - Commercial Appeal - January 19th, 2022
- Plastic Surgery That Guarantees Beauty and Affordability With Mia Aesthetics - Digital Journal - January 19th, 2022
- Tummy Tuck Risks and Safety | American Society of Plastic ... - January 19th, 2022
- Global Body Fat Reduction Markets, 2021-2022 & Forecast to 2025 - Innovation of LipoContrast / Rising Social Acceptance of Aesthetic Procedures /... - January 19th, 2022
- 7 Best Compression Garments After Tummy Tuck (2021 Review) - January 4th, 2022
- Tummy Tuck Recovery Timeline Period, Week 1, 2, 3, and 4 - January 4th, 2022
- Tummy Tuck Photos | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - January 4th, 2022
- Atlanta Plastic - Buckhead Breast Implants, Tummy Tuck ... - January 4th, 2022
- Tummy Tuck Preparation | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - January 4th, 2022
- Katie Prices son Harvey is treated to a pamper day as he enjoys a clean shave and says its so relax... - The Sun - January 4th, 2022
- Seriously: Laughter is good for your health and well-being J. - The Jewish News of Northern California - January 4th, 2022
- Mum-of-two, 39, dies after botched liposuction operation which left her with injuries like shed been in a... - The US Sun - January 4th, 2022
- Tummy Tuck Cost: Mini Tummy Tuck Prices List 2021 - December 23rd, 2021
- Kerry Katona gets a 'brand new face' with procedure to remove fat and Botox - swiftheadline - Swift Digital news agency - December 23rd, 2021