An extensive new report by Rolling Stone reveals the tragic story of Karissa Rajpaul, who is one of an untold number of people who have found themselves victims of lethally botched butt-injection surgeries.
The story begins in 2016 when a pair of newlyweds named Marco and Karissa Rajpaul moved to Los Angeles after suffering a tragic miscarriage.
Just three years later, Karissa had been sucked into a luxurious Hollywood lifestyle, started stripping and working in brothels and getting cosmetic surgeries. It all came to a head after a buttocks augmentation procedure that was done in their home and within three hours she was dead.
"I told her, 'Look, you're doing something very dangerous, something you should do only with doctors supervising in a medical room or a hospital,'" Marco said. "She told me, 'Oh, no, don't worry, I already did it twice.' I'm like, 'Are you crazy?'"
Police revealed that what was injected was "uncontained liquid silicone," which pierced her muscle and entered her bloodstream. It took about 30 minutes for Karissa's "doctors" to call for Marco to help.
"He entered the room to see Karissa sitting on the bed, pale and struggling for breath," the story recalled. "In his telling, he went to check on her and found her close to fainting."
"I was like, 'OK, what's going on with this person? Why is she so weak? She's passing out,'" he told Rolling Stone, saying they claimed she just needed some sugar. "I ran, I got her some chocolate, Coca-Cola, whatever. I told them, 'Look, you guys should take her to a hospital.' They were like, 'Oh, no, she'll be fine.' Of course, she wasn't fine. She wasn't responding. She just looked very, very low. When she started passing out, I gave her mouth-to-mouth. I yelled, 'Call 911! You need to call 911 right now. This is crazy. You're f*cking insane.'"
Neither of those who did the botched procedure had medical licenses. They took their equipment and left the property as paramedics arrived, leaving them with no idea how to help her.
"I knew they injected her with something," said one man present. "That's what I told the paramedics when they got here: 'She had some kind of procedure done on her.'"
The 26-year-old died just three hours after getting the injections.
"The medical examiner found silicone oozing from her puncture wounds internally, in the muscle of the buttocks," said the report. "The autopsy report said she had died from acute cardiopulmonary dysfunction caused by the silicone injections; it determined the manner of death to be homicide."
It took two years before police charged those who conducted the operation with murder, along with three counts of practicing medicine without a license.
"Authorities say they recovered tens of thousands of dollars in cash from a search warrant executed at the two women's home," said the report. They obtained medical records showing six sources that went on the record with police about their unlawful procedures by those who injected Karissa.
Thus far, nearly 100 people have come forward about loved ones who suffered injury or disfigurement following procedures by the two who came to Karissa's to inject her that day: Libby Adame, 51, and her daughter Alicia Galaz, 23. Police sources indicated that they may have been performing unlawful cosmetic procedures since 2012 and it may extend to other states and internationally.
"We've already verified that we have victims in other states, and we are working on verifying that we have victims from other countries, as well," said Los Angeles Police Department Deputy Chief Alan Hamilton. He said that people have come forward as far away as Miami and Toronto. They're now connecting with witnesses daily.
The report noted that it's part of the so-called LA and Hollywood culture, to be obsessed with your looks and body. The report cited "the Kardashification of the American aesthetic," which has plumped up cosmetic procedures 22 percent since 2000. The obsession is so well-known that underground plastic surgery has even become part of fictional stories in crime shows like "Bones" and "CSI."
In 2019 alone more than 28,000 people got the so-called Brazilian butt lift and the hashtag #bbl on TikTok has 3.3 billion views where people document their experiences traveling to get the procedure. "The BBL, in which fat is removed by liposuction from one part of the body and injected into the buttocks, may be the fastest-growing cosmetic procedure nationwide, but it's also the deadliest," said the report.
But the less-expensive black-market procedure is the BBL injections, where the buttocks are injected with a filler-like liquid instead of using their own tissue and fat. It's banned by the Food and Drug Administration. Even Cardi B revealed that when she was just 22 she paid $800 to have fillers injected in her buttocks in someone's apartment in Queens.
"In the club, it's like you're almost invisible if you don't have a big ass like that," she said in an interview. She also said that she regrets doing it. "I don't really know what's in my ass right now. I could die. Who knows?"
Rolling Stone said that there are "horror stories" about desperate people looking for affordable procedures who were "injected with bathroom caulk, motor oil, even peanut butter."
Now, a number of men are turning to underground silicone injections to help build curves in their chest, known as "pumping."
Los Angeles-based singer Laura Moreno, who goes by Jaddie More, didn't even think she needed a larger booty, much less the injections. She was afraid of such a procedure, but a friend suggested it, saying that it would help her music career.
"Moreno says that in early 2014, she went to see Adame, who some women she knew had already visited, which made her more comfortable," she recalled, saying she paid $200-300 for the injections of "celulas madres stem cells."
At first everything was fine, but at the second treatment, her leg began hurting. When she went back Adame gave her another injection and something "for the infection."
At lunch just a few hours later she started throwing up then fainted. She didn't want to go to a hospital, thinking that it would pass, but it never did.
"By the time she agreed to go to the hospital, a neighbor had to carry her downstairs to the car," said Rolling Stone. "On the drive, Moreno felt drowsy, but her girlfriend begged her not to close her eyes. She was admitted to the hospital in septic shock, according to medical records." The records also say that she had gluteal injections.
"The doctor said that if I would have [gotten] there 10 minutes later, I would have died," she recalled.
But when Moreno went to the LAPD to file a report, she was basically ignored with officers "barely listening at the time."
"They sent us always to another place, like, 'You need to go to the court, you need to see a judge,'" she said. "They don't give attention to something that for them [is] not big, but for us, it's something big."
Read the full details of the shocking story Rolling Stone.
Read the rest here:
Horrifying report exposes the seedy underworld of lethally botched butt-injection operations - Raw Story
- Dr. Ivan Puah Highlights The Significant Impact Of Covid That Changes Our Priority In Life - Benzinga - Benzinga - January 19th, 2022
- New Year's weight loss resolution might put you at risk of falling for a scam | Better Business Bureau - Commercial Appeal - January 19th, 2022
- Plastic Surgery That Guarantees Beauty and Affordability With Mia Aesthetics - Digital Journal - January 19th, 2022
- Tummy Tuck Risks and Safety | American Society of Plastic ... - January 19th, 2022
- Global Body Fat Reduction Markets, 2021-2022 & Forecast to 2025 - Innovation of LipoContrast / Rising Social Acceptance of Aesthetic Procedures /... - January 19th, 2022
- 7 Best Compression Garments After Tummy Tuck (2021 Review) - January 4th, 2022
- Tummy Tuck Recovery Timeline Period, Week 1, 2, 3, and 4 - January 4th, 2022
- Tummy Tuck Photos | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - January 4th, 2022
- Atlanta Plastic - Buckhead Breast Implants, Tummy Tuck ... - January 4th, 2022
- Tummy Tuck Preparation | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - January 4th, 2022
- Katie Prices son Harvey is treated to a pamper day as he enjoys a clean shave and says its so relax... - The Sun - January 4th, 2022
- Seriously: Laughter is good for your health and well-being J. - The Jewish News of Northern California - January 4th, 2022
- Mum-of-two, 39, dies after botched liposuction operation which left her with injuries like shed been in a... - The US Sun - January 4th, 2022
- Tummy Tuck Cost: Mini Tummy Tuck Prices List 2021 - December 23rd, 2021
- Kerry Katona gets a 'brand new face' with procedure to remove fat and Botox - swiftheadline - Swift Digital news agency - December 23rd, 2021
- Rappers Offset & Big Daddy Kane Ran Into Each Other At The LIQUOR STORE - News Nation USA - December 23rd, 2021
- The Skincare Trends Set To Explode In 2022, According To The Experts - British Vogue - December 23rd, 2021
- What Not to Say to a Breast Cancer Previvor - Everyday Health - December 23rd, 2021
- Liposuction Risks and Safety | American Society of Plastic ... - December 23rd, 2021
- Revel You, Chaowen Wu, MD Is The Woodlands Plastic Surgery Clinic To Visit - Digital Journal - December 23rd, 2021
- Kerry Katona gets a brand new face with procedure to remove fat and Botox - The Mirror - December 23rd, 2021
- Blake Shelton Shock: Gwen Stefani's Husband Obsessed With Plastic Surgery, Botox, Liposuction? Country Singer Insecure - Epicstream - December 23rd, 2021
- 'They've got these alien features': The rise of unregulated cosmetic procedures in Ireland - The Irish Times - December 10th, 2021
- Mental Health Matters: When it comes to social media how can we reject the toxic parts? - Corpus Christi Caller-Times - December 10th, 2021
- Bellaroma Hospitals liposuction and other cosmetic treatments have enthralled all - NEWS HEADS - December 10th, 2021
- Katie Prices fiance Carl Woods praised by fans for posting rare unfiltered snap of star... - The US Sun - December 10th, 2021
- Global Body Contouring Devices Market Industry Analysis and Forecasts 2021-2027, Featuring Allergan, Cutera, InMode, Sciton, Lumenis and Lutronic -... - December 10th, 2021
- The sneaky plastic surgeries that make celebrities look better than you - New York Post - December 10th, 2021
- Aesthetics industrys new genius treatment interventions and hero protocols offer incredible results - Dr Nestor - The Scotsman - December 10th, 2021
- Google Year in Search 2021: What Croatia googled the most this year - Croatia Week - December 10th, 2021
- How to Look Like You're 20 Again: Beauty Tips and Tricks That Guarantee Results - The Seeker Newsmagazine Cornwall - The Seeker - November 23rd, 2021
- Vampire Facelift: Experts reveal the pros and cons of a procedure that helped Kim Kardashian accentuate her features - Times Now - November 23rd, 2021
- 'RHOP' RECAP: Wendy Brings 'Big' Receipts, Chris Confronts Mia & Nicki Minaj Surprises The Ladies In Reunion Part 3! - All About The Tea - November 23rd, 2021
- From tummy tucks to facelifts: Pet plastic surgery happening in Northeast Ohio - fox8.com - November 23rd, 2021
- Dr. John Anastasatos of Los Angeles Plastic Surgery Announces an Innovative and More Effective Minimally Invasive Facelift Procedure - Yahoo Finance - November 9th, 2021
- Amber Rose Is Getting Liposuction on Her Stomach: 'I Have a Lot of Scar Tissue From My C-Sections' - PEOPLE - November 9th, 2021
- Mama June shows off glam makeover in new TikTok at over one year sober after destroying looks in addiction... - The US Sun - November 9th, 2021
- Katie Price shows off the results of her recent facelift in Turkey... - The US Sun - November 9th, 2021
- Liposuction Equipment Market Recent Opportunities with Growth Forecasts by 2027 Alma Lasers, Ambicare Clinics, Bruker Corporation and Others LSMedia... - November 9th, 2021
- Everything to Know About the Newest Jawline-Tightening Treatments - NewBeauty Magazine - November 9th, 2021
- The curious afterlife of the Lord of the Skies - Business Insider - November 9th, 2021
- Column: The basics of plastic surgery | South Lake Tahoe - SouthTahoeNow.com - South Tahoe Now - November 9th, 2021
- Dr. Nitin J. Engineer: Everything You Need to Know About Tummy Tucks - Las Vegas Review-Journal - November 9th, 2021
- Dr. Luis Macias and Aesthetic MdR Named Top Plastic Surgeon, Best Surgery Center and Best MediSpa - Business Wire - November 9th, 2021
- Pain point - The New Indian Express - October 29th, 2021
- Body modifier breached duty of care: Crown - The West Australian - October 29th, 2021
- Body mod trial 'a freedom of choice issue' - Northern Beaches Review - October 29th, 2021
- Vertex (VRTX) to Report Q3 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance - October 29th, 2021
- Dr. Nitin J. Engineer is Changing the Plastic Surgery Field for the Better - Westword - October 29th, 2021
- Opioid Analgesics Sales to Grow by 1.7X through 2031 as the Demand for Post-Surgery Pain Management Continues to Rise: Future Market Insights - Yahoo... - October 29th, 2021
- Good Karma: Russian Monk's Gender Affirmative Journey & Why Bengaluru is the Preferred Destination - News18 - October 29th, 2021
- Global Liposuction Surgery Devices Market 2021 Future Set to Massive Growth with High CAGR value | Market Players: Wells Johnson Co, Zeltiq aesthetics... - October 29th, 2021
- What its really like to freeze your fat with CoolSculpting - harpersbazaar.com - October 29th, 2021
- Wild West without the sheriffs: Cosmetic clinics accused of botched surgeries, breaches - Sydney Morning Herald - October 29th, 2021
- What It's Like to Get 'Gladiator' Surgery to Sculpt Abs and Pecs - menshealth.com - October 29th, 2021
- Tips for recovery after breast reconstruction surgery - Baylor College of Medicine News - October 17th, 2021
- Weve spent tens of thousands on surgery can you guess what weve had done and whose nip and tucks cost t... - The Sun - October 17th, 2021
- Body modifier said he had no qualification - Northern Beaches Review - October 17th, 2021
- Jane Park's body transformation - from girl next door to lotto winner to celeb - The Mirror - October 17th, 2021
- Why the head of Wisconsin's sham audit is facing resignation calls - MSNBC - October 17th, 2021
- Liposuction Surgical Procedures Market Research Report by Technology, by Body Parts, by Application, by Region - Global Forecast to 2026 - Cumulative... - October 17th, 2021
- Sex Change Surgeries On The Rise In India; 30-Year-Old Shares Her Story - TheHealthSite - October 17th, 2021
- 5 things you need to know about Meghan King including THAT sordid threesome - MEAWW - October 17th, 2021
- Global Medical Aesthetics Market (2021 to 2028) - Growing Adoption of Minimally Invasive and Non-invasive - Benzinga - October 17th, 2021
- Expert reveals Teen Mom 2 alum Jenelle Evans is the most beautiful of the cast, according to the golden... - The US Sun - October 17th, 2021
- Top plastic surgeon on how he knocks 20 years off women with overnight 'mummy makeovers' - Daily Star - October 17th, 2021
- Jeremy Warner, MD, FACS, a Plastic Surgeon with Warner Aesthetic and Reconstructive Institute - Pro News Report - October 17th, 2021
- Cardi B in Paris: All of the Star's Amazing Fashion Week Looks So Far - PEOPLE - October 6th, 2021
- Cardi B says she lost so much blood during birth as she ... - October 6th, 2021
- Cardi B REACTS to liposuction rumours after welcoming baby; Reveals tragic reason behind her snatched bod - PINKVILLA - October 6th, 2021
- Hong Kong doctor jailed for 6 years over dance instructors death in liposuction procedure - Hong Kong Free Press - October 6th, 2021
- Liposuction Procedure Steps | American Society of Plastic ... - October 6th, 2021
- Hagens Berman: Law Firm Investigating Permanent Injuries and Disfigurement from Botched CoolSculpting Procedures - Yahoo Finance - October 6th, 2021
- Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery 'Experts': Can We Really Trust Them? - City Watch - October 6th, 2021
- Willow Smith says she considered getting a Brazilian butt lift. Here's why the procedure is so dangerous. - Yahoo Philippines News - October 6th, 2021
- Sales of Ultrasonic Electrosurgery Devices Is Expected to Account for over US$ 1000 Mn Revenues by 2022-end - Digital Journal - October 6th, 2021
- What Exactly Is a Brazilian Butt Lift and Why Is Everyone Talking About Them? - POPSUGAR - October 6th, 2021
- Bakersfield surgeon placed on five-year probation - KERO 23ABC News - October 6th, 2021
- Fat freezing complications may be more common than thought - Euro Weekly News - October 6th, 2021
- Plastic surgeon to celebrities explains every tool she uses - Insider - October 6th, 2021